How to reach the venue
The UX4VRehab Conference will be held in the city center, at Le Benedettine, Lungarno Sonnino 18, Pisa.
Getting to Pisa is possible by air, train and car.
- The Galileo Galilei International Airport of Pisa links Pisa to both the Italy and the numerous cities around the world. The Pisa International Airport is located along the coast at only 1 km from the city center of Pisa. You can find more information here.
- Pisa is reachable by train from a series of Tuscan cities, such as Florence, Livorno, Siena and Lucca, but railroad also links Pisa to other major cities of Italy. The main two train stations in Pisa where trains arrive from or depart to various destinations are the San Rossore Station (close located to the Piazza del Duomo) and the Pisa Central Station, from where several busses transport their passengers to the center of the city.
- Taxi service in Pisa is operated by Cooperativa Pisana Tassisti. CO.TA.PI. Taxis provide service 24 hours a day at the airport and train station. At the airport, the taxi stand is in front of the airport on the arrivals side. Otherwise, you need to call a taxi to come pick you up. The number is 050-541600. Fares go by the meter, the driver is obliged by law to start the meter at the start of every trip.Some sample fares include (from the official website www.cotapi.it):
– Pisa Centrale – Piazza Duomo: €9,00
– Pisa airport – Piazza Duomo: €12,00
Check the last measures for entry into Italy here
Pisa in October sees pleasant weather with sunny days and a few cloudy or rainy ones. Temperatures in Pisa ranges between 11-22°C (52-72°F)
The unit of currency in Italy is the Euro.
Useful telephone numbers
The Italy country code 0039 will allow you to call Italy from another country. Useful numbers include:
112 Carabinieri / Emergencies
117 Customs / Financial police (Guardia di finanza)
118 First-aid Ambulance
115 Fire brigade